Monday, February 25, 2013

First Contact with Owd Bob


The Warp drive was invented
by a Sheep Herder
I’ll be honest.  I am not someone who regularly watches family themed moves however, when I saw that two characters from Star Trek were the starts of Owd Bob it got my attention.  Owd Bob is the story of a grandfather (played by Zefram Cochrane) and his grandson.  The Grandfather is a sheep herder on the Isle of Man.  Basically he is a really angry old man.  After his parents die David, the grandson comes to live with his grandfather.  Throughout the movie David is befriended by his grandfather’s neighbor (played Miles O’Brein) and his daughter.  I am not really sure what the plot of this movie is but there is a dog named Zach and another dog named Owd Bob.  Owd Bob really doesn’t come into this movie much but I guess it is a cool name and caught people’s attention.
Owd Bob is based off a book which I haven’t read, however having not read the book this is a pretty good family movie.  In one way it reminds me of Old Yeller set on the Isle of Man.  In another way it reminds me of Babe although Babe never ate sheep.
Although this movie is not Star Trek, the fact that it has two characters that played is Star Trek was the reason why I watched it.  Even without this feature if you like a movie that is family friendly, about dogs that not only heard sheep but also kill them, has a somewhat confusing plot and you have a Netflix account this movie is worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment